As a parent you play a key role in influencing your child with respect to safety and acceptable behaviour when riding the school bus. Reinforcement of safety rules at home by you is invaluable. Please ensure that your child is aware of the following bus rules:
• Students must display orderly behaviour at the bus stop.
• Students must respect the authority of the bus driver.
• Students must remain seated on the bus.
• Students must not shout, swear or be rude (respect for all at all times).
• Students must not eat on the bus.
• Students must allow 10 feet of clearance when walking in front of a stopped bus
• Students must look both ways and at the driver before crossing the street
Bus infractions occur infrequently. A first and second offense calls for a reprimand by the principal. Subsequent offenses may result in suspension from the bus. Communication between the school and drivers occurs consistently. Notifications of all offenses are sent home for parent information, signature and follow up.
If it is necessary for your child to be picked up or delivered to a location other than your home address, please advise us immediately since this will affect the bus route. We can only make this arrangement if the address is the same every day throughout the school year. There is a fee of $150 per year for this service, payable to the Lester B. Pearson School Board.
Bus passes issued by the school board indicate that your child is entitled to busing privileges. Special bus passes are given only for emergency purposes, not for social activities.
All bus students are expected to travel home from school by bus unless the class teacher is advised, in writing, of the details of a change in routine.
A student without a note in the agenda will automatically be put on his/her bus.
The telephone number for Transportation Services at the
Lester B. Pearson School Board is 514-422-3001